- Very high durability and highly resistant to decay.
- Resistant to termite attacks, but is moderately resistant to insect attacks such as marine borers and powder post beetles.
- Medium strength, hardness and density.
- Glues, stains and finishes well. Easy to work with most tools. However, silica content may blunt tools.
- Golden or medium brown colour for heartwood. Colour tends to darken with age.
- Grain is straight with coarse and uneven texture.
- Raw, unfinished surface has slightly oily feel due to natural oils.
- Solid wood furnitures such as tables and chairs
- Door jambs and solid doors
- Hand rails
- Wood floors
- Stair steps
- Small wood objects
- Outdoor furnitures
- Thickness: starting from 3cm – 8cm
- Width: starting from 20cm – 50cm
- Length: starting from 250cm – 300cm