Shorea bracteolata Dyer
- Low durability and susceptible to decay.
- Not resistant to termite and vulnerable to insect attacks.
- Low strength, hardness and density.
- Glues, stains and finishes well. Easy to work with most tools. However, silica content may blunt tools.
- Odorless when dried.
- Sapwood is white-yellowish.
- Heartwood is yellowish white when green and darkens to yellow brown when dried.
- Grain is frequently interlocked.
- Texture is medium to coarse.
- Panel furnitures
- Door jambs and solid doors
- Moulding profiles
- Stair steps
- Small wood objects
- Outdoor furnitures
- Thickness: starting from 3cm – 8cm
- Width: starting from 20cm – 50cm
- Length: starting from 250cm – 300cm